As part of the Southwest Fest, we will be opening our Archives on Saturday 5th July, from 11am till 4pm at 10 Old Pye Street SW1P 2DG. This will include an exhibition of Edwin Lutyens buildings in the area. Refreshments available and all welcome.
Our members Summer Drinks Party will be held on Wednesday 9th July at The Grange Hotel Rochester. For tickets, please enquire through the 'Contact Us' page.
We will be opening our Archives again for the London Open House weekend on Saturday and Sunday 20th and 21st September, 11am to 4pm.
Our Annual General Meeting will be held on Wednesday 12th November 2014.
We welcome new members interested in appreciating and conserving the qualities of the area and we thank those existing members who help and support the society.
Planning Application Reviews
Please select the Planning page to see our recent reviews of local planning applications.
Please select from the main menu to see our 2014-15 Program of Visits including Kneller Hall, a WW1 Walk, The Royal College of Physicians, The British Optical Assoc. Museum, The Magic Circle Experience and a Musical Tour of Westminster Abbey with The Purcell Club.
2012-2013 Annual Review
Our Annual General Meeting was held at 6.30pm on Wednesday 20th November 2013 at the Grange Rochester Hotel, Vincent Square, SW1P 2PA.
After the official business of the meeting, Mr Ben Wilson, Head of Communications at the Supreme Court gave a fascinating presentation entitled "The Centenary of the Middlesex Guildhall".
Click below to view our Annual Review :
Dinners Programme - Autumn 2014
Speakers for each dinner will be announced over the summer.
The Society is holding two informal Buffet & Talks at The Grange Wellington Hotel on -
Mon 29 Sept & Mon 24th Nov 2014
Grange Wellington Hotel, 71 Vincent Square, SW1P 2PA (Tel.020 7834 4740) (entrance on Vincent Square), 7.00pm for 7.30pm
- 3-course fork buffet, a glass of wine/ soft drink and networking, followed by a talk at 8.30pm on a subject of general interest by an expert, in a beautiful large room with stained glass windows overlooking Rochester Row, on the ground floor.
- Cash bar available during the evening, which will end around 10pm.
- Dress code: smart casual.
- Tickets: £30 per person.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Society is holding its usual formal Dinner & Talk at The University Women's Club on -
Mon 27th Oct 2014
The University Women's Club, 2 Audley Square, W1K 1DB (Tel.020 7499 2268), 7.00pm for 7.30pm
- A welcome drink and 3-course dinner followed by a talk on a subject of general interest by an expert, in the historic Drawing Room overlooking private gardens, on the first floor.
- Further drinks available through and settled with waiting staff.
- Dress code: Lounge suit for men & equivalent for ladies.
- Tickets: £45 per person.
For more information see Events & Dinners on the main menu